A Day’s Workshop: Saturday 10th June at Belmont House, Stockport SK4 1TG
The Mindful and Acceptance Way to a Good Night’s Rest
Cost £35 Includes lunch and refreshments. Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-mindful-and-acceptance-way-to-a-good-nights-rest-tickets-33854736428
‘Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together’ Thomas Dekker
Significant numbers of people struggle to get a good night’s sleep. Some find it difficult to get off to sleep; others wake in the night, struggle to sleep after that, lie awake for hours and get up not feeling refreshed. Mindfulness and Acceptance Based Approaches have been found to effectively reduce the struggle, increase flexibility and promote rest.
- The workshop will:
- Provide interesting information about sleep and difficulties around sleep
- Understanding how mindfulness and acceptance can be helpful in understanding sleep difficulties
- Discover how ‘trying to get to sleep’ can be the problem, not the solution
- Offer practical strategies to help promote sleep
- How this approach will also be useful in all other aspects of life
- Offer a variety of mindfulness practices
- Provide a summary handout and a list of resources and audio links
Coffee at 9 am / Start time 9.30 to 4.00 p.m.
Facilitators: Pauline Johnson & Rita Bennett