Belmont House Stockport
Saturday and Sunday, 1st & 2nd July 10.30 – 5pm
This year in a new venture for the School of Practical Philosophy Belmont House will be opening its doors to the Heaton’s Arts Trail.
This exciting open studio event is taking place within the four Heatons in Stockport, Cheshire: Heaton Chapel, Heaton Norris, Heaton Moor and Heaton Mersey.
Once a year, artists open their doors to the public in a community event showcasing their recent creations from visual arts and craft to music, theatre and the spoken word. The event gives the public a unique opportunity to meet artists in their creative spaces as well as finding art in unusual places within the community. Heatons’ Arts Trail is also open to artists from further afield to take part in the event as guest artists.
The ground floor at Belmont House will be a dazzling display of paintings, drawings, sculpture, ceramics, textiles, fibre art and decorative glass by the following artists over the 2 days.
- Michelle Barnard (Textiles)
- Avril Cairncross (Ceramics / Mosaic)
- Susan Diskin (Watercolours)
- Josephine Gornall (Fibre art)
- Sumaya McIntyre (Painting)
- Peter Senior (Painting / Sculpture)
- Nicola Thompson (Glass)
We are also offering
- a 2 hr. felting workshop on Saturday from 11am – 1pm GO TO PAGE
- a 2 hr. mosaic workshop on Saturday from 1.30pm – 3.30pm. GO TO PAGE
- a 2 hr. felting workshop on Sunday from 11am – 1pm GO TO PAGE
- a 2 hr. mosaic workshop on Sunday from 1.30pm – 3.30pm. GO TO PAGE
Places for the workshops are limited so please register and secure a place by following this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/heaton-arts-trail-felting-and-mosaic-workshops-tickets-34214933788
The building will be open to the public – free admission – from 10.30am until 5pm and during this time you will be able to view all the work and also enjoy delicious cake, tea and coffee in our excellent tea shop!