Next Steps in Philosophy
Treat yourself to a day out.
We have planned a series of interesting talks and interactive exercises in a very lovely country house.
Called “Next steps in Philosophy” it is designed to help you understand more about yourself and the how practical philosophy can increase your everyday awareness and live a happier life.
Questions and Answers
Q What will the day be like?
A Relaxing, stress free and interesting in very pleasant surroundings. You can see photos Brinscall Hall and the gardens on our website www.brinscallhall.co.uk.
Q What will we cover on the day?
A There will be several talks and presentations on how a more philosophical approach can help in everyday life, on increasing awareness and reducing worry and getting a better understanding of yourself. If the weather is fine, there will be an opportuning for a walk in the countryside or gardens
Q Can I bring a friend?
A Yes, whilst this is aimed at those who are already enjoying the course, if you have a friend or partner you think would be interested, speak to your tutor to see if we have space.
Q How do I get there?
A Brinscall Hall is one mile from Junction 8 on the M61. The full address is: –
Brinscall Hall, Dick Lane, Brinscall, Chorley PR6 8QL. Directions are available on the website when you book, but If you have transport problems, your tutor should be able to help
Q How do I book?
A It is important to book in advance so we can arrange catering.
There are two ways to book
(a) Online by credit or debit card. Follow this link to our Eventbrite booking page. Please ask your tutor for the booking password.
(b) In cash to your tutor. They will look after the details.
Q Why is it so cheap?
A (The Treasurer asked me the same question!!!) We are an educational charity and the fee is aimed just to cover our costs on the day. The fee for the introductory Part One course is subsidised by fees paid by other students, thereafter fees are set just to cover costs. No one in the school receives payment for tutoring or the service they provide. Lunch is provided. It is vegetarian, which we find suits people of all faiths and diets.
Q How can I find out more?
A Ask your Tutor, visit the website www.brinscallhall.co.uk or ask a student who has attended before. Here is what some of them said of the last one: –
- Listening to a variety of tutors in a relaxed setting.
- A peaceful, pleasant time.
- The enthusiasm of teachers and content of class
- The beauty and importance of unity.
- The talk on happiness and the present moment. In fact, all the speakers and talks were very interesting and relevant.
- I found each of the talks valuable and enlightening and very enjoyable overall. Great, warm atmosphere.
- The opening meditation and talk on the Present set the tone for the day that centred on mental presence and its importance in appreciating beauty, love and energy. The lunch and venue were great too.
- An inspirational session in beautiful surroundings.
- Practical Philosophy reminds me to live for the day – this is not a practice. Carpe Diem
- A feel-good day that will have an impact on your day, weekend, week and life. If you let it. Not for one age range – I attended with my whole family: mother, father, sister, brother. A fine alternative day out.